As we’ve already mentioned, sales in the Modern Training Gym flip the traditional paradigm on its head.
Use traditional sales techniques and you may well end up with a poor reputation and a gym full of members who don’t want to be there and will default on their payments at the first chance they get.
Today’s buyer is becoming increasingly well informed, sophisticated, and therefore powerful. We need to give them a version of sales that makes sense to them – and that has integrity and professionalism at its heart.
- We offer something of value to the prospect, no strings attached. This can be anything from a blog post to the 30-day trial itself.
- We build trust, authority, and spread the word about our existence.
- We build TOMA – top of mind awareness – that makes us the go-to establishment for them or anyone they know when they decide they want to get in shape.
- We create a community based on sound, easily digestible knowledge.
- With every piece of value we add, we make a deposit in our sales ‘bank account’ by giving value upfront to the client without asking for anything in return. When we eventually offer a sale, we make a withdrawal from what we’ve saved.
Adding value – putting the customer experience at the heart of everything we do – is a crucial sales approach for modern service-based businesses.
It also allows you to align what you do with your core values and your own personal vision for success. The power of doing business ethically can’t be underestimated, and will make getting up to go to work every morning a whole lot easier.