Band Pull Through
What to look for:
- Band looped close to the floor
- Grip band between legs
- Ensure adequate band tension
- Whole foot always in contact with the floor
- Stance width around hip width
- Foot/knee/hip alignment
- Neutral spine/tall posture
- Hips travel back
- Unlocked knees (very slight bend)
- Finish tall – NOT extended
- No rounding of shoulders
- Work in a range client’s flexibility allows
- “Stay tall, chest up”
- “Push your hips back as far as possible”
- “Find the stretch in your hamstrings”
- “Finish tall”
- “Bend at the hips”
- Regress: N/A
- Progress: Once the client can perform 2-4 sets of 8-15 reps in solid technique, you can move the client to a stronger resistance band/Cable pull throughs/KB Deadlift/RDLs.
- Slow this movement down/add pauses to help increase movement awareness.
- Range of movement (ROM) will vary depending on client’s hamstring flexibility.