Overhead Carry Variations
What to look for:
- Alignment of shoulder, elbow, wrist
- Full fist grip
- Controlled movement
- Tall posture
- No leaning back through the lumbar
- “Keep the arms straight”
- “Don’t lean though the lower back”
- “Squeeze your grip hard”
- Regress: If client is unable to maintain the correct positioning consider adjusting the load, duration or variation.
- Progress: If client is able to maintain the correct positioning consider adjusting the load or duration to increase difficulty or advancing to more challenging variations.
- The client must have sufficient mobility and stability in the overhead position to perform these movements.
- The coach may use a variety of tools: weight plate, dumbbells, kettlebell, odd objects or a barbell.